At this time the Forum Page is restricted to G.A.S. Members only. Please click on the plus + sign on the right hand side of the page to send a message.
Sutter's Fort began in 1839 and originally called "New Helvetia" (New Switzerland) by its builder, John Sutter, the fort was a 19th century agricultural and trade colony in California. The fort was the first non-Native American community in the California Central Valley. The fort is famous for its association with the Donner Party, the California Gold Rush and the formation of Sacramento. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1961.
Copyright 2020 by Genealogical Association of Sacramento